YES, it’s finally spring, a time of renewed energy and a time of out with the old and in with the new. This is a time of rebirth and renewal. So lets do some cleaning.
- Baths are great for this. Use salts, Epsom, sea, baking soda, with a bit of whatever essential oil you like. I like clary sage. Immerse and enjoy.
- Give away or donate at least 3 things in your room/house that you do not need/use any more, big or small, it does not matter.
- Clean one place you have not cleaned in at least a year, inside or out. Yes, we all have a place like that.
- Learn at least one or two plants in a clean spot in your yard that you can eat. Spring greens are the best cleansers out there. Wild onions are easy as are garlic mustard. I am a firm believer in eating your weedies.
- Make a great spring soup with left overs from the freezer and/or fresh from the farm market- local is best.
- Get a minimum of 3 hugs a day, not those little token hugs, but the big cuddle bear hugs.
- When you see the first flowers, crocuses, daffodils, spring beauties, forsythia, or whatever it may be in your yard/area, make sure you tell it how beautiful it is and thank it for its spring manifestation and the joy it brings you.
- Take three long deep breaths, in through your nose and out through your mouth, letting the breathing out be as long if not longer than the breathing in. You have truly now become one with spring.
- Do all of these or one of these as often as you want as long as you want.